YUKAN KARATE CHAMPIONSHIP 2023
MESSAGE TO HEADS OF SCHOOLS
Osu! Hanshi, Shihan, Sensei, Senpai:
It will be our pleasure to welcome you free of charge at the Yukan 2023. We invite you to register your school as soon as May 8, 2023 to entitle your students to register as competitors afterward.
- Every coach accompanying your students will be invited to pay the spectator entry fee to access the premises (gymnasium).
- Every coach – according to a ratio of 1 coach for 10 enrolled participants – will receive an ID badge allowing him (in addition to his spectator bracelet) to enter the competition area.
- Coaches and competitors will have to remain outside the competition area when not in action.
PAYMENT OF COMPETITION FEES FOR ALL YOUR COMPETITORS
- As the Head of your school, you will have to pay the competition fees for all your students registered as competitors in cash ($CAD) at the “Sensei Table” in the Casgrain Sport Center, on June 10, between 8h00 and 9h30.
- Please make sure that you, your coaches and competitors are acquainted with the competition rules in effect at the Yukan Championship 2023 and that you are willing to comply with these rules.
- A meeting with all heads of schools will be held in the gymnasium around 9h15, before the Kata and Weapon Kata Competition and around 13h15, before the Semi-knockdown Fighting Competition.
DIVISIONS AND SUB-DIVISIONS
- Enrolled participants are grouped into pre-established divisions according to the type of event (Kata, Weapon kata, Semi-knockdown Fighting, Knockdown Fighting), their age, belt level, gender and weight (for fighting).
- A minimum of two participants per division is required; if only one candidate is enrolled, he will be notified and reclassified, if possible. If too many participants are enrolled into the same division, the division will be divided into two or more sub-divisions.
- Each registered competitor will receive an ID number as well as the number of the division (or sub-division) for each event in which he will participate.
- During the competition, divisions (and sub-divisions) will be called in increasing numerical order (1, 2, 3, 4-1, 4-2, 5, 6, etc.). Each division (sub-division) being called will be paired with a letter (A, B, C, D, E, F) identifying one of the 6 courts where the event will take place. The number of the division (sub-division) will also be displayed in front of the corresponding court.
TROPHIES AND PODIUM – KATA, WEAPON KATA AND SEMI-KNOCKDOWN FIGHTING
- Trophies presentation for each division (sub-division) will take place on the court as soon as the competition will end. The winners will then go to the podium for a photograph.
KNOCKDOWN FIGHTING – WOMEN AND MEN
- 18-21 years old: Fighters will be grouped into pre-established weight divisions and will compete within these divisions.
- 22 years old and up: Interested fighters will need to contact Team Yukan 2023 before registering online. Team Yukan 2023 will then try to establish a single match with an appropriate opponent – with the approval of both coaches.